What happens when life gives you lemons? You turn it into a beauty elixir that benefits your health, brightens your skin, and provides your body with vitality!
After having my son Tyson, our nanny Mei Ling started to sneak this into my daily morning routine. It was quite ingenious because she began by putting it into my coffee mug before I left the house which had me perplexed a few times when I took my first sip. Although I craved my coffee, I began to enjoy her morning lemon elixir. It only took a few days for me to notice a shift in my energy throughout my day. Typically with coffee, I hit a wall around 2-3pm but I actually felt more resilient and energized as the day went on.
With her permission, I’m delighted to share with you Mei Ling’s Lemon Elixir.
Recipe for 2-3
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30-35 mins
5 cups of water
1/3 cup of brown sugar
mint leaves for garnish
- Start a boiling pot with 5 cups of water.
- Cut both (washed) lemons into lemon wedges.
- Put the wedges through the lemon squeezer and set aside the juice. This has all the Vitamin C you need and should not be cooked.
- Once the pot begins to boil, lower the heat and place the already squeezed lemon peels into the water and add the brown sugar to cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally. Set to cool for 15 minutes.
- Now you can stir in the lemon juice and add ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves or add other fruits to your liking. Other recommendations include blueberries and strawberries. It will leave you refreshed!
5 Fun Facts about Lemons:
- They are packed with nutrients: vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber.
- Lemon provides your body with energy and boosts your immune system like jumper cables to an automobile.
- They aid your digestion system by loosening toxins in your digestive tract
- Lemons freshens your breath.
- They not only decrease blemishes but wrinkles too!
Share with us your beauty elixirs!